To ensure members are informed on commercial matters, with key strategic priorities being value, procurement and the future Operating Model (FOM). Engages stakeholders on behalf of members.
Tim Price, Molnlycke
Hamish MacDonald, Cook Medical
- Value: Establish a joint understanding with the NHS on how value is defined when procuring the broad spectrum of healthcare related products and services from the MedTech industry
- Procurement: Actively support and drive improvements in procurement practice between industry and the NHS
- Future Operating Model (FOM): Actively support members in understanding and preparing for the impact of the FOM as well as market changes/impact in regards to FOM.
- Establish key criteria when measuring value and secure consultation process with CET on setting Value criteria when conducting product assessments
- Identification of clinical value organisations – alignment with HCD stakeholders
- Industry agreed engagement opportunities
- Defining value in supply chain optimisation.
- Round table with key market stakeholders on good/bad procurement practices
- Establish default requirement in regards to companies code of conduct
- Establish engagement/validation process in regards to PPIC data held on companies pricing
- Gain recognition from D0H/NHSI on the long term impact that continued cost containment/price down will have on their supplier base.
- Quarterly updates on FOM progress
- Establish the principle for ABHI and industry engagement with Category Tower stakeholders, such as the Intelligent Client Coordinator (ICC)
- Ensure the FOM KPIs balances cash savings and health system value delivery
- Utilisation of ABHI as a communication conduit for Category Tower Providers
- Highlight and resolve business continuity risk.
Click here to view the latest updates, minutes and future meeting dates for the group.